Thursday, August 6, 2015

Fear not little flock

This week was good. I got to leave the mission on Monday to go to Oceanside to help Elders Toland and Losee serve one of the Chaplains from on base. He was so thankful to have our help and he was a really great guy. We helped them move out another lady the other day and she said we were true men of God. I love serving people and seeing how happy it makes them and how thankful they are for it. On Saturday we got to go to dinner with Cam, his sister, a family friend of theirs and her daughter. They were all super thankful for the work we are doing even though they are Catholic but we had the chance to give Cam's family friend a copy of the Book of Mormon and she said she would read it and that she wishes she had sons who could do this and that we are angels so it felt really good to know that even nonmembers are so thankful for the work we are doing. The main focus of this week for me I think is overcoming fear. As you know I usually hate talking to people I don't know so I made a goal with Elder Christensen this week to get better at contacting and it has helped so much. I have talked to just about everybody I see on the streets. In three days I got like 70 contacts which was super awesome. And then today, while reading the Book of Mormon in Moroni 8:16, Mormon tells Moroni, "Behold, I speak with boldness, having authority from God; and I fear not what man can do" This was super cool to see because we need to not fear what man can do to us because we need to share the gospel with everybody and if we do so with Heavenly Father on our side he will protect us. So to go a long with that share the gospel, tell your friends, post on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram, share conference talks or Mormon Messages. Its not hard and Heavenly Father will strengthen you against whatever the adversary has to throw at you, as my Mom's favorite scripture says "Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail." So fear not little flock

This work is so great and so much fun. I love working with all the missionaries here and finding people who are ready to hear the truth. I know this is God's restored church on the Earth today and that the Book of Mormon is true and that by reading it and praying for that confirmation anybody can come to know that truth too. These people are good and I need to be with them.
Love,
Elder Cheever

No comments:

Post a Comment