Monday, March 28, 2016

Starting to learn a little more Japanese

This week was pretty crazy but awesome. I'm starting to learn a little more Japanese and now I'm starting to try and learn the alphabet so maybe I'll be able to read it a little bit. We finally got a car again which was awesome but then two days later the engine over heated so we had it towed and then we had to get it fixed so we went back to biking. The same day that we were supposed to get our car back we also got told that we would be getting a third companion, Elder Brown who was also in our MTC district, because of some crazy stuff that happened in the other zone.
 We had some awesome miracles though, we picked up a new investigator who has some pretty awesome potential; all because we accidentally called him and he actually picked up the phone and then we were able to talk to Greg's wife and we found out that she loves the help we have been for Greg and that pretty soon she would like to start meeting with us a well! It just goes to show that when you pray with faith miracles can happen.
Being able to celebrate Easter on the mission was pretty cool, just like at Christmas my focus was on Christ and wanting to share the love and blessing of the Atonement. It made it a whole different experience and honestly made it a lot better than any Easter I have ever had in my life because I wasn't focused on the trivial things of the holiday but on the real reason and the hope that comes from the Savior's resurrection and Atonement. I love working with Elder Summers and Elder Brown, the Lake Forest ward, the Japanese people, and our many investigators. I am definitely here for a reason whether its to learn from others or to help them as well. All these people are good, and I need to be with them. 
Love
Elder Cheever
 
We had a surprise party for our zone leaders after a rough week, we squeezed 12 elders in a small bedroom

Summers and I got to play with super cute puppies at Greg's house

Some less-actives let me take a picture with their parrot, it was weird to have it so close to my ear
 

No comments:

Post a Comment