Monday, September 19, 2016

Sep 19 - We are hoping that things start picking

This week was pretty slow so there isn't too much to report on from this week so this email may be a shorter one.

On Tuesday we met with Raul. We talked about the Apostasy and how there really was a need for the priesthood to be restored and then we tied that in to the Sacrament and how important church is. Once again he told us he would be there and then once again he bailed at the last second for some other activity.

On Wednesday we went on splits with the priests for mutual. It was a lot of fun, especially since the young man that I went with is just about the person as Ryan Connor. I think for the first time in my mission I'm beginning to realize the impact that missionaries can have on members, especially the young men. Drage, the one that I went with, is going to be starting his papers soon and to be able to talk with him about missionary work and what its like to be a missionary was a really neat experience and it was really amazing to be able to remember doing the same thing with some of the elders back at home and to now be the one giving the advice and telling stories instead of being the young man preparing for a mission.

Saturday was pretty rough day for all of us but I think it took a lot more out of my companions than it did out of me. On Friday night we had a cool miracle, we were about to go into our apartment after finishing the night walking around our complex and a guy pulled up next to us and asked if we were the Mormons. I thought we were going to be yelled at for "soliciting, but he ended up telling us that his wife is a less active member who wants to return to church and that he is a nonmember but that he wants to go to the ARP meetings to over come alcoholism so now we are going to start working with them. We planned to visit them on Saturday along with a few other potential investigators and less active members. Unfortunately every single appointment we had fell through and then every time we tried to visit other people who we had as back ups they weren't available either. By the end of the night we were exhausted and pretty bummed out. However I think it was a good lesson for Elders West and Hohmann to see that planning is super important because if we hadn't made those plans I think the day would have been even worse. 

That's about it for this week I believe. We are hoping that things start picking up more. I talked with Elder Boggess after zone training meeting and we both feel like Laguna Hills is a very promising area and that before too long it will become a very fruitful area, its just a matter of holding on and continuing to work hard. There are good people here that I need to be with!
Love
Elder Cheever

No comments:

Post a Comment