Monday, February 20, 2017

Transferred to Santa Margarita

We both got super sick this week so that severely handicapped the amount of work that we could do this week. On Tuesday and Wednesday we tried to visit some of our investigators and we tried to set up appointments with potentials or hunt down less actives but none of them were available or responsive which was a bummer.
On Thursday I had to go to a mission leadership council meeting. Usually its just the zone leaders and sister training leaders but this time they invited all of the district leaders for some reason. We received trainings from a couple of instructors from the MTC to help us be able to help our investigators progress better so it was a pretty good meeting, even though it went from 9 am until 3. After MLC Elder Ahlstrom and I went to dinner with the less active man that we met last week, Robbie, again, despite both of us starting to feel sick. He took us to a really nice Chinese restaurant called Din Tai Fung and then he took us to the Lego store and bought us Lego keychains and then we went to the Godiva chocolate store and he got us super good chocolate. By the end of our time with him he asked us what he should read so we were able to help him download the Gospel Library app so that he could begin reading the Book of Mormon again. Hopefully as he reads it he can find the desire to return to church. By the time we got home I was miserable and could barely breathe I was so congested and I could hardly see because my eyes were watering so much. We were still sick on Friday and Saturday so we just rested at home. I'm still not sure if the fever from having a cold or the cabin fever that I developed from being inside so long was worse. I'm just glad to be able to work again. 
Saturday night was transfer calls and I found out that I would be getting transferred and going to the Santa Margarita ward in the Rancho Santa Margarita stake with Elder Mann. I spent the rest of the weekend packing and then this morning I met up and I am now with Elder Mann. I like Rancho and I know Elder Mann pretty well so I'm excited to be here and to work with him. 

I know our Heavenly Father answers our prayers and that He knows our need, our wants, and what is best for us. I'm so grateful for this gospel and the perspective that it brings into life.
Love
Elder Cheever

No comments:

Post a Comment