Monday, February 8, 2016

Good thing I got called to California not Japan

This week was awesome, we taught all sorts of lessons both in English and Japanese. I have learned that I don't know squat about the Japanese language and that I don't like traditional Japanese food so its a good thing I got called to California not Japan. We have a ton of work going on here right now and some pretty cool investigators, one is this 65 year old guy named Robert who has been investigating for about 36 years, he knows the standard works better than almost anybody I have ever met so it was super fun to discuss gospel topics with him, the only thing keeping him from getting baptized is smoking, which is a bummer. On Thursday, Elder James J. Hamula visited us for a zone conference and talked with us about the why, what, and how of missionary work. It was pretty amazing and was a huge help to me. This week there will be a multi-stake conference for all of the western U.S. that he will speak in as well as Elder Renlund. Apparently Elder Renlund's talk will be on LDS.org on Monday the 15th and apparently it will be amazing so look forward to that. I'm excited to be in Lake Forest and to see what will happen here. The ward members are super nice, the investigators are good and I know that for some reason that God has planned, I need to be here.
Love,
Elder Cheever

No comments:

Post a Comment