Monday, August 15, 2016

Goodbye to Elders Greenberg and Butler

Its been another week here and just about the same old stuff to report. We talked to tons of people again and still managed to find only a few who were remotely interested so we shall see what happens when we follow up with them. 

On Wednesday we got to go to President's house for a dinner for the missionaries going home. It was so awesome to hear the testimonies of those who are leaving and to hear what others have learned from them. It was crazy to realize that Elder Greenberg is going home as well as Elder Butler. I have really come to love those two guys and will miss them a lot once they leave.

On Saturday we got to attend the baptism of 4 siblings in Elder Butler's last ward. They got special permission for the oldest to be baptized, confirmed, and then ordained to be a priest so that he could baptize his siblings. The Spirit that could be felt there was so strong and it was such a great opportunity for that family, especially the father who has previously been pretty anti-mormon, to feel the Spirit and to draw closer to our Heavenly Father. We actually had a pretty cool experience along with that baptism. I don't know if you remember me telling you about the fast that Elder Butler and I had to try and line somebody up for baptism on the 13th in our ward.  Well as that day went on we changed our prayers to be that somebody would be able to be baptized on that day and then about a week later we got a call from Elder Blue, Butler's last companion, telling us about the Hardin's baptism. It was so cool to realize that we had been prompted to pray and fast in a more broad scope and that in some way our faith helped to allow those siblings to be baptized that day, which was amazing for Elder Butler to have that experience on his last Saturday on the mission.

I love being a missionary, even in a harder area like this. I get to learn so much and to become so much more converted to the gospel myself. I thought I knew how much Heavenly Father loved me before I came out but I have come to realize it so much more now. I now truly know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that without His Atonement, true happiness would be impossible. I hope that y'all can take time to think about how much the Atonement has blessed your life and to then share that happiness with others.
Love
Elder Cheever
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment