Monday, May 22, 2017

Castillo's excited for baptism

Pedro Castillo is fully recovered from his heart attack last weekend and the whole family is very excited for their baptism coming up. Pedro told us that he sees the heart attack as a message from God and as a chance for a new life physically prior to beginning a new life spiritually after baptism. We talked with him and Nelly this week about tithing and the word of wisdom and all the concerns that they had previously are gone which is a great miracle.

We were able to have a lesson with the Outhwaites again this week as well. They are still doing super good and asked good questions.

Monday was transfer day so we picked up Elders Blue and Nattress and since Elders Mann and Tree were going home on Tuesday we all had to stay together in a crew that we titled the "5-panionship" It was a party at dinner and at the Castillos that night. I'll include pictures of it.

The reality of going home soon is beginning to hit me a lot harder than I thought it would. This week felt like it went by really slowly and the two weeks left are looming in front of me like an unconquerable mountain. Fortunately I really enjoy the ward I'm serving in and we have a lot of work to do that can help keep me more focused. 

There is a good chance that this will be my second to last real email. Monday the 5th is my last Monday and instead of pday we will be having a zone conference with Elder Valeri Cordon of the 70. It will be cool to hear from general authority and to say goodbye to lots of my friends the day before I go home but it probably means that I wont get to email that day. But as Joseph Smith says in Doctrine and Covenants 128:22 "Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into singing. Let the dead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the King Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem them out of their prison; for the prisoners shall go free."
The people here are good, and I love them so much, and I need to be with them; even if its only for 2 more weeks.
Love
Elder Cheever



No comments:

Post a Comment