Monday, May 1, 2017

My last transfers worth of time in the mission

This week was pretty regular. We weren't able to meet with the Castillo's because they had a very busy schedule but they were all at church and then Peter and Pedro went to the Priesthood preview that the ward had. Peter is excited to be able to get the Aaronic Priesthood when he turns 12 and I think that that will be a motivating factor for Pedro in deciding when his family gets baptized. They Outhwaites were unresponsive again this week, its sad to see such an awesome family drop off the face of the earth but we continue to pray for them and reach out to them. I got to go on exchanges in the Lake Forest ward with Elder Center. It was good to spend some time with a good friend and to visit people I knew while I was there. We visited a less active that Elder Summers and I worked with and had a good time with him.
We had a really awesome 5th Sunday discussion from the bishopric here in the ward and I realized how much the Spirit was there and then I realized how often the bishopric at home probably did the same thing but that I just didn't pay any attention so I missed out on learning from people who really cared about me. Hopefully the youth of the ward can learn to listen to the Bishop and to pay attention because when he talks he is sharing all the love he has and it can change lives if they learn from the things he says. I'm grateful for the amazing Bishop's I had growing up and I'm so grateful that I had Bishop Suppes as I went through high school. He really cared about me and my decisions and did his best to make sure that my friends and I turned out okay.
I'm into my last transfers worth of time in the mission but I have found that I am no more trunky with 5 weeks left than I have been at other times in my mission. I just made the decision that I want to focus on my mission and the task at hand and go out as strong as I possibly can. I love this place and the chance to serve as a representative of Jesus Christ. I recently memorized "The Living Christ" and yesterday I finished reading The Book of Mormon focusing on finding the names and titles of Christ and on marking His words. In doing this my testimony of Him has grown tremendously and I have come to realize how much more He has been and needs to be in my life. I encourage each of you to study "The Living Christ" and to find ways to focus on Him more and rely on Him and His Atoning sacrifice in all that you do. As you do problems will be solvable, fears will fade away, and peace will prevail in your life.
Love
Elder Cheever

No comments:

Post a Comment