Monday, October 3, 2016

We found three people who told us we could come back

Not too much happened here this week so this one will be fairly short. We spent just about every day the same way, studies in the morning, lunch, trying to visit less actives, then tracting for about an hour and a half until dinner and then tract until it gets dark then try and visit a couple of more people. 

On Tuesday when we went tracting I had Elder West pick the street that we went to and when we started knocking we found three people who told us we could come back and share more, one of whom I knew from helping with the high school's grad night back in June, and then the next day we went to knock on the doors on the second floor and found one more lady who said we could come back. 

On Thursday I had my exchange with the zone leaders, Elder Boggess and Elder Forthman. I've known Elder Boggess since we were freshman in high school and I met Elder Forthman at BYU a couple of times and he was in my MTC district and they have been companions for almost 4 transfers now so all three of us are good friends and get along well so it was a really good day. We got a lot done and even managed to finally get in with a less active man who we have been trying to work with.

General Conference this weekend was great, there were lots of good talks that gave me good answers to questions I have had. Being able to hear President Monson was such a privilege. As he spoke I could feel the Spirit powerfully confirming to me that he truly is the Prophet.

I know that the Book of Mormon is true, that it clearly outlines for us our Heavenly Fathers glorious plan for our happiness and salvation and that through it we can truly come to know our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called to bring Christ's church back to the earth in its fullness and that today President Monson is God's mouthpiece on the earth. Most importantly I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer and that He died for every one of us. His love is perfect and His Atonement makes up for all that is unfair in the world and it can help us to overcome our own mistakes. I know that He lives and that our Heavenly Father loves all of His children. I love sharing this gospel, even though its hard and I'm tired I'm happy because there is no better way to be spending my time than serving my Father in Heaven and my older brother Jesus Christ.
Love
Elder Cheever

No comments:

Post a Comment